Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hello, Dolly!

So much of my time lately has been spent researching my mother's side of my family tree.




























My grandfather, Otto J Penner, Jr, was born in Kansas City, KS 1906 and adopted in 1907, and while his adoptive parents never kept his birth mother a secret from him, he was ashamed that he was illegitimate and never discussed his adoption with anyone.

His wife and my grandmother, Catherine, was an orphan, and one of a set of triplets born about 1910 in MO. She lost track of her siblings when she went to live with a family in St. Louis.

This was basically all of what I knew about them when I started my research.

Through the wonders of the Internet, Northwest Jefferson County Library, and the St. Louis County Library I have been able to piece together a lot of information over the past year, but I still have lots of gaps to fill and questions to answer.

I've decided to put a lot of my research on this blog in the hopes of finding relatives and helping other people break through their "brickwalls" by sharing sources of information I find along the way.

So, if you have a family member in your tree who was born on 15 Nov 1910 in MO, was part of a set of triplets (two girls, one boy) who were put into an orphanage (probably Catholic) in St. Louis, and who knew someone named Catherine Penner/Dolly Mae Lewis/Catherine Van Rysel, please contact me - I would love to meet my grandmother's lost family!

No comments: